Sunday, March 18, 2007

Update for Lily

Thanks for asking about Lily, Alyssa.
Sam rode her on Saturday and the horse seemed to do very well.
I am not sure if all of you knew but Lily had a real problem with her left front foot.
When we got her she had a pretty nasty crack in that hoof but she ended up splitting it right up to her coronet band and then got an infection in her foot.
The blacksmith did a major repair job on her foot by drilling into the hoof wall, wiring it closed and covering the opening with fiberglass. She was pretty sore for a while but has improved steadily over the last 6-7 weeks.
As I said above, she was ridden on Saturday and she looked great.
Hopefully she will be back in the school soon.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am glad to hear she has recovered nicely, and I can't wait till she is back in the school. :)

Alyssa said...

Pat,
May I PRETTY PLEASE ride Tobias on Wednesday!?